Sunday, February 01, 2009

Anubiety

Like a gust of wind,

neither here nor there because

both here and there,

and

not here and not there,

both then and now

and

later. The same and different.

Like a gust of wind.

Over the phone,

through my left

ear you,

a mile away,

and the train whistle.

Through my right,

the same whistle

ten seconds delayed.

The moans of that horn

on the left

spell my future

on the right.

One sound,

and several.

One time,

and many.

One place,

and none.

I sent you that train:

for me the train that passed,

for you,

passing; two different trains

and one, passing,

and past.

Where are we as we

speak? You

with me here?

I with you

there?

Together.

And not together.

And what is the time, yours

or mine, passing,

or

past,

and,

as before

where?

No comments: